Frequently Asked Questions 

Get the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about fees, payments, billing and refund. Can't find the information you're looking for? Contact the Tuition Office at

Payment Plan FAQs

All fees are due at the time of registration. You may either pay by credit card, check or cash. Students are assessed tuition fees, enrollment fees, health fees, associated students activity fees, student representation fee, myRAM portal user fee and in some cases, instructional materials fees.

 If you can鈥檛 afford to pay your fees at the time of registration, you should:

  • Apply for financial aid, by filling out the FAFSA (), and/or apply for a California College Promise Grant (Formerly Board of Governor鈥檚 Fee Waiver)
  • Sign up for a (the district payment plan is administered by Nelnet Business Solutions to spread your payments out during the semester). Once classes have begun, you must drop your classes by the mandated deadline dates to avoid unwanted fees/charges.

No. NBS will allow you to set up a payment for any outstanding balance. However, It is recommended that students who owe less than $50.00 pay their fees in full to avoid the additional $18.00 payment plan set up fee.

Nelnet Business Solution will decrease or increase your payment amounts automatically (depending on the balance due). You may contact NBS with any questions regarding your Payment Plan. You may contact Nelnet Business Solutions to inform them that your fee balance has changed. They can assist you in adjusting your payment plan up or down. You can contact NBS at 800-609-8056.

Students who pay their fees in full 72 hours prior to their payment plan due date will not have their scheduled payment amount deducted direct from their account. You may contact NBS to schedule a payment in full at 800-609-8056.

If you default on your payment plan, you will have a hold placed on your record before the end of the term and you will not be able to register for any subsequent terms until the balance is paid in full. You will not be able to request official transcripts until your fees have been paid in full. In addition, you will be sent to collections for the outstanding fees owed to the college. If you pay your outstanding balance and enroll in a subsequent term, you will be able to sign up for another payment plan.

You can log in to the which will take you directly to "Manage Your Account". You will need your NBS agreement number provided to you when you initially enrolled in the payment plan in order to manage your account. If you have forgotten this number contact NBS directly at 800-609-8056. Agents are available 24/7.

No. There is a deadline date established each semester. After that date you will not be able to sign up for a payment plan. (See ) The later that you sign up for the plan, the fewer payments you鈥檒l make but the amounts will be larger. Learn more at Billing, Payments & Refunds.

General FAQs

No. If you filed a FAFSA and your FAFSA was processed by the Federal Central Processor and received by the Financial Aid Office within five business days of the drop date, you will not be dropped. You should plan to file at least two weeks prior to your registration date to ensure that R星视频 receive your FAFSA.

No, the CCPG only covers enrollment fees. It does not cover additional fees you are assessed (e.g. health fee, student body fee, student representation fee, instructional materials fees, etc.) If you cannot pay these additional fees, you are encouraged to apply for federal financial aid by filling out the FAFSA (). While you will not be dropped if you file a CCPG, you are responsible for the payment of the additional fees. Failure to pay any remaining balance will prevent you from registering in subsequent semesters.

You must submit proof of California Residency to the Residency Unit, in the Office of Admissions and Records, MUB 188 at the Ocean Campus or at